Bring Tears of Joy to Your Dry Eyes
If you ever suspect that you have dry eyes, it’s best to contact your eye doctor. We can accurately diagnose dry eyes and provide effective therapies for your symptoms.
What Is Dry Eye Syndrome?
Dry eyes occur when your tears can’t lubricate your eyes adequately. This usually occurs when your eyes can’t produce enough tears or the tears they produce evaporate too quickly.
Factors that increase your risk include
Symptoms of Dry Eyes
- A burning feeling in the eye area
- Feeling like something is “stuck” in the eye area (foreign body sensation)
- Eyes that water more than usual
- Redness in the eyes
- Eyes that feel unusually tired
- Eyes that itch more than usual
What to Do About Dry Eyes
Optique Del Mar offers numerous therapies for dry eyes, including:
- Lubricating Eye Drops: Artificial tears can reduce many dry eye symptoms by hydrating the eye’s surface. Our eye doctors can recommend various eye drops depending on the cause and severity of your dry eyes.
- Steroids: Specific topical steroids have been found to reduce dry eye symptoms quickly and effectively, even in severe cases. Many of these steroids have anti-inflammatory effects to reduce the swelling that often comes with dry eyes.
- Punctal Plugs: By inserting small plugs into your tear ducts, we can prevent your tears from draining too quickly. Using punctal plugs alongside topical treatments can be more effective than using topical treatments alone.
- Eye Masks: Compression masks reduce inflammation and express blockages with gentle pressure, heat, and moisture. Once we show you how to use these masks, you should be able to use them at home without supervision.
- Scleral Lenses: These contact lenses cover the entire surface of the eye and create a space that can be filled with hydrating fluids. They are often an excellent choice for people whose dry eyes prevent them from comfortably wearing other contact lenses.
- Eyelid-Cleansing Wipes: Cleansing wipes can support and improve the effects of other dry eye treatments. We offer a variety of cleansing wipes from leading brands at our practice.
Find Relief for Your Dry Eyes
If you think you might have dry eyes, contact us for help. Our eye doctors will determine whether you suffer from dry eyes or a different condition and help you find appropriate treatment.
Our Location in San Diego
Our practice is located in Carmel Country Plaza in Del Mar, diagonally across from the fire station. Please keep in mind we are closed every day from 1 – 2PM for lunch.
- 12880 Carmel Country Rd d110
- San Diego, CA 92130
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Our Eye Care Services
Digital Eye Strain
In a digital world, we need the right resources to ensure our eyes stay healthy and comfortable. Whether you spend your days working from a laptop or enjoy winding down in the evening in front of the TV, knowing how to give your eyes a much-needed break can keep you seeing and feeling great!
Laser Eye Surgery Consultation
If you’ve worn contact lenses or glasses for the majority of your life, you’ve probably heard of how laser eye surgery can improve your vision! We offer comprehensive consultations so you can find the answers you need. Plus, we’ll be sure to provide excellent patient care to give you the comfort of knowing your health and vision are well taken care of.
Dry Eye Therapy
Dry eyes can be uncomfortable and may even prevent you from doing your favorite activities, but it doesn’t have to stay that way! If your eyes are feeling dry and gritty, we can help. At Optique Del Mar, we provide top-quality dry eye therapy to keep your eyes feeling lubricated!