Rest Your Tired Eyes
Have your eyes ever felt uncomfortable after staring at a screen for hours? You might be suffering from digital eye strain (DES).
DES can cause additional challenges for people with vision problems when using digital devices, but it can also affect those with otherwise normal vision. Total Vision Del Mar can show you how to prevent DES and use your devices comfortably again.
Causes of Digital Eye Strain
Blue Light: Another Problem for Device Users?
Many digital displays produce blue light, which is also produced by the sun. The blue light from computer monitors has never been conclusively linked to an increased risk of eye disease. However, it may affect your circadian rhythms, preventing you from sound sleep if you use screens before bedtime.
Reducing Digital Eye Strain
We recommend the following tools and strategies for people experiencing DES:
- Use the 20-20-20 rule to minimize fatigue during screen time. Focus on an object approximately 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. Doing so gives your eye muscles a chance to relax and helps prevent them from getting tired.
- Certain types of eyewear can filter out blue light and may help you sleep more deeply if you use digital devices before bed. Ask one of our opticians about computer vision glasses.
You don’t have to live with DES just because you use screens regularly. If your screen time is making you uncomfortable, contact us and find options for meaningful relief.
Our Location in San Diego
Our practice is located in Carmel Country Plaza in Del Mar, diagonally across from the fire station. Please keep in mind we are closed every day from 1 – 2PM for lunch.
- 12880 Carmel Country Rd D110
- San Diego, CA 92130
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Our Eye Care Services
Digital Eye Strain
In a digital world, we need the right resources to ensure our eyes stay healthy and comfortable. Whether you spend your days working from a laptop or enjoy winding down in the evening in front of the TV, knowing how to give your eyes a much-needed break can keep you seeing and feeling great!
Laser Eye Surgery Consultation
If you’ve worn contact lenses or glasses for the majority of your life, you’ve probably heard of how laser eye surgery can improve your vision! We offer comprehensive consultations so you can find the answers you need. Plus, we’ll be sure to provide excellent patient care to give you the comfort of knowing your health and vision are well taken care of.
Dry Eye Therapy
Dry eyes can be uncomfortable and may even prevent you from doing your favorite activities, but it doesn’t have to stay that way! If your eyes are feeling dry and gritty, we can help. At Optique Del Mar, we provide top-quality dry eye therapy to keep your eyes feeling lubricated!